World’s concern on coronavirus is on the rise. What can we individuals do to minimise the further suffering from it? Worth reading it to safeguard our future.
As of 28 February 2020, there is 85,217 confirmed the infected cases, with 39,551 recovered and 2,924 deceased (source: Worldometer).
Why it might have happened from Nature’s Point of View?
Some naturalist believes that nature will tend to control and reduce the population of human.
Some of them believe humans are like a plague to our mother earth. And nature is trying to protect itself by its immune system called ‘natural disasters’, ‘climate change’, or perhaps the ‘diseases’ caused by bacteria and virus such as this novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV.
If we view our mother earth as a living being, then above makes total sense. Earth as a living being would have had to protect itself by trying to remove the virus-like human.
As a known fact, humans have regularly and continuously, knowingly and unknowingly, destroyed the creatures and our mother earth – or even themselves.
Mindfulness could have resolved or prevented from above happening quite significantly.
Mindfulness could have turned above ‘unknowing‘ into ‘knowing‘, that certain actions of human would have consequences to affect nature – and that following consequences of that would have eventually returned back to humanity itself.
What Should Individuals Do about this?
A group of individuals form a society. A group of society form a nation. A group of the nation form the world.
We are the world. World ‘inter-being’ with our nature and the mother earth.
Nature will be recovered, and so will human, if all individuals take part to support.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wash your hands with soap, especially upon returning to home from outside.
- If above isn’t possible, then use hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face including mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Wear Mask or cover nose and mouth with clean clothes where the risk of exposure to a virus exists.
- Avoid crowded places if possible.
Start Small to Save the Earth. Now.
- Practice mindfulness.
Hi Mother earth.
You are ill.
We took part to make you suffer.
We are sorry to make you suffer.
We pray you are well. We pray we are well.
We can ‘inter-being’ together well.
Give it a chance.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: in order to save our resources and reduce the waste
- Save water: processing to make clear water emits CO2 which destroys nature.
- Avoid the use of plastic at all cost
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Use solar panels
- Use an efficient heating system
- Keep the aircon temperature high if possible
- Use public transport rather than driving own car
- Reduce the amount of junk mail
- Borrow books from the library instead of buying new ones
- Buy pre-loved items instead of buying new products
- Try minimalism style of life
- Use organic soap, detergent etc
- Reduce the consumption of meat
Further useful ideas at external source – Greenmatch
One of the infected people by Wuhan coronavirus, who is now fully recovered with test result being negative, has stated that
“Every human must learn to respect the nature, care and love the creatures, and also to keep some boundary with them”.Ms Jiang (source: CNA)
This is wonderful enlightenment.
Relationship between Virus and Mindfulness
As per the research conducted, people who were exposed to long term stress tend to catch a cold with a flu virus, and their infection was stronger.
David S. and George M. in 2016 found meditation may be salutogenic – meaning it could support the health and well-being of a human – for immune system dynamics (read more).
Immune system dynamic is related to one’s level of stress. Mindfulness practice could reduce one’s level of stress.
So mindfulness could improve human’s immune system dynamic, therefore could possibly help the prevention of disease as well as the cure for it.
With loving-kindness, I pray current situation with the novel coronavirus gets better, and I pray all-beings are well.